Anchoring of steel bars in concrete
Common issues and queries you can face
Step by step solution
Anchoring of steel bars
The material to be used for anchoring steel bars in concrete should be capable to bond the steel bar without pulling when the load is applied.
We recommend the use of weberanc 405 BFX. It is a pure epoxy anchoring resin supplied in one kit of 2-component cartridges linked together with one single head.
It is especially recommended for heavy loads in rebar application and anchoring in solid concrete. It is applied as follows:
• Drill hole to correct diameter and depth (Refer to datasheet).
• Clean the drilled hole thoroughly using wire-brush and remove all dust using a manual air blower.
• Place the kit of 2 cartridges of weberanc 405 BFX in their appropriate dispenser gun and attach the mixing nozzle to the head.
• Discard the first 10 cm (3 triggers) until the mix has an even color.
• Inject from the base of the drilled hole while pulling upwards as the hole fills until 1/3 to 1/2 of the volume.
• Insert the rebar or thread slowly with a rotating motion until the resin is overflowed on the surface.
Rotate again and remove any excess of weberanc 405 BFX immediately.
• Refer to the technical data sheet to determine the distance between re-bars.