Plaster & Decorative Finishes
Not directly. Render will not bond to a previously painted surface so you will need to either remove the paint or consider a decorative coating or an external wall insulation solution.
Movement joints are required by the substrate and should be followed through the render. Details of where movement joints are required can be obtained from the relevant codes of practice for masonry construction. If in doubt, advice from a structural engineer should be sought.
Usually a thickness between 1.5 and 2cm maximum per layer is recommended. However, if more thicknesses are required, it can be applied in two layers. Kindly to consult the technical department for more details.
External Wall Insulation
Boards are available in thicknesses from 40mm-200mm, in 10mm increments. The thickness of board is determined by the U-value required. Our technical team are ready for any calculation support.
Weber can work out the U-value and condensation risk for you based on the whole wall build up.
No. Timber frame requires a ventilated and drained cavity and therefore any external insulation is giving no thermal benefit.
The number of anchors depends on the building height and shape, wind speed and the substrate. You can find more details in our product data sheet.
The depth of the fixings is dependent on the substrate and the required pull out load. You can find more details in our product technical data sheet of webertherm anc or you can contact our technical support team.
Different finishing colors and textures are available. Weber provides weberpas deco 310, weberpas deco 330, weberpas deco 350, weberpas deco 355
Generally, cement based materials can be applied between 5°C and 30°C. Freshly applied materials should be protected from excessive temperature (either very low or very high), direct rain and rapid drying conditions. Common to all cementitious materials, inclement weather or long periods of dampness will encourage the phenomenon of efflorescence (commonly know as lime bloom).
Weber External Wall Insulation Systems are installed by recommended and certified applicators only, this is part of our guarantee for the system.
Weber designed a specially formulated heavy duty concrete coating for car parks. The product provides a hard wearing and abrasion resistant, a high resistance to chemicals and salts floor finish for basement, warehouses, industrial factories, ground floor car parks, traffic decks with no structural movement.
Weber offers a practical and fast solution to avoid removing the tiles by applying weberfloor epo prime on the old tiles or nonporous, non-absorbent or dense substrate, such as tile and stone. Thereafter levelling the substrate with a self levelling Thereafter levelling the substrate with a self levelling or smoothing product such as weberfloor smooth FD, weberfloor 525 FD or weberfloor 535 FD.
For normal drying products, follow the guidance of the manufacture of the adhesive/floor covering, however, for sensitive overlayement,this will generally require the floor moisture content to be < 3% or to be below 75% relative humidity.in case the moisture content is 3% < CM < 5%,you can use our vapor barrier to shorten the application waiting time.
The shelf life should be on the datasheet and the packaging. For most products, the shelf life is 12 months after manufacturing date in its original packing, non-open and in dry cool area.
The date on the bags is the manufacture date.
Refer to the datasheet information by product. A flow table and ring should be used for machine mixing.
No, never add more water than recommended or try to re-mix material beyond its pot life.
Technical and Repair mortars
The yield varies between the type of product and can be found on the product datasheet by visiting our website.
The consumption varies between the type of product. The consumption information is available on each product datasheet that can be found by either visiting the relevant product page, or by visiting our website.
All the relevant mechanical data for our products are outlined on the datasheet on our website.
The minimum or maximum thickness of application is detailed on the datasheets. You can find all information needed by visiting our website.
Yes, please search for webercote beton by visiting our website.
Please refer to the datasheet information by product. Never add more water than recommended.
The shelf life should be on the datasheet and the packaging. For most products, the shelf life is 12 months after manufacturing date in its original packaging, non-open and in dry cool area.
All the products datasheets can be found by either visiting the relevant product page or by visiting our website.
- webercol flex can be used for all pool sizes and tile types (non-metallic tiles).
- webercol premium, webercol plus & webercol K can be used for small/Medium swimming pools with ceramic & porcelain tiles.
- webercol Pro can be used for small swimming pools with ceramic tiles.
– Roofs, balconies, terraces and backyards are some of the most common types of outdoor areas that are tiled with various types of tiles which will be exposed to environmental conditions.
– weber has a wide range of products designated for outdoor use like webercol flex, webercol fast, webercol premium, webercol max, webercol plus, webercol Pro, webercol bond and epoxy based adhesives also like webercol epo and webercol epo plus.
– However, the choice of the best suitable adhesive largely also depends on the type of tiles used and the area it will be tiled upon such as floor, walls or facades.
- weber has a dedicated technical team which will help support you to make the best decision for your case.
- When tiling over flexible cementitious waterproofing, it is best you use a deformable tile adhesive like webercol flex, webercol fast or webercol max.
– You can use webercol plus for tiling over acrylic based waterproofing systems like weberdry gum for gypsum boards.
– To achieve the necessary bonding strength needed for a durable solution when tiling over Iron or steel, epoxy based tile adhesives are to be used.
– Visit our “Epoxy and Pasty Tile Adhesives” page on the website to review our epoxy tile adhesive products.
- Variations in the floor temperatures resulting from the use of the installed floor heating system will induce substrate movements caused by the expansion and contraction of materials within the substrate.
- To compensate for such deformations, weber has a range of deformable tile adhesives that are able to cope with such condition such as webercol flex, webercol max and webercol fast.
– Marble are expensive floor coverings that in some cases and with certain types, there a risk of marble/stone staining which can be caused due to several factors and inflict serious damage to the overall esthetic design.
– To avoid such risks, use and extra white tile adhesive such as webercol max or webercol flex.
– Use a two component tile adhesive such as webercol flex.
– Avoid grouting to early and make sure you give enough time for the adhesive to set and cure through the joints before filling the joints with the suitable grout.
– These types of tiles require high bonding capabilities found in adhesives like webercol flex.
-The size of the notched highly impacts the mortar transformation and the coverage of adhesive on the back of the tile.
-For small tiles sizes it is recommended to use small trowels with small dimension notches such as 6mm by 6mm or even 4mm by 4mm. While for large tiles you can use trowel sizes with notches of 8mm by 8mm or 10mm by 10mm or even 10mm by 10mm.
-For mosaic tiles, it is recommended to use the 4mm by 4mm notched trowel size.
– Ideally, the tile adhesive should be applied by thickness of around 3mm to 6mm, however with certain adhesives you may reach up-to 8mm or 10mm.
– However, in case you should need to tile using higher thicknesses, you may apply an adhesive bed of 6mm and let it set for few days (not less than 3 days) and then continue tiling to achieve the required level of thickness needed.
– Please refer to our dedicated technical teams for further in-depth advice.
– Large tiles are subject to higher stress than small tiles which requires skilled application and high performance tile adhesive like webercol fast or webercol flex.
– Back-buttering is the application of tile adhesive on the back of the tile.
– Back-buttering tiles will insure higher mortar transformation and coverage on the back of tiles resulting in better bonding between the tile and your substrate.
– Use the back-butter technique when tiling in outdoor areas, when tiling large format tiles or when tiling non-absorbent tiles like porcelain tiles.
– C1 classified tile adhesives achieve a minimum of 0.5Mpa adhesion strength in all conditions.
– C2 classified tile adhesives achieve a minimum of 1Mpa adhesion strength in all conditions.
– C2 tile adhesives have higher binding strength and can be used in conditions required higher tile adhesive performances.
– Waterproofing gypsum boards products are ideally acrylic based waterproofing products like weberdry gum that do not pose the risk of water migration content to the gypsum material.
– You may tile over weberdry gum using webercol plus.
– Cement boards are highly absorbent substrates usually dusty from the surroundings, this is why it is advised to use a primer such as webercol prime prior to tiling on cement boards.
– Tiling on facades will expose the tiles and the adhesive to severe conditions, such as tile weight loads, environmental variations like heat, cold and wetting.
– All these conditions may result in possible movements with in the substrate.
– Expansion joint are design to compensate for such movements and defuse the stress releasing them in the designated flexible expansion joint rather than compiling and transferring these stresses to other weak points which may fail.
- Please refer to our dedicated technical teams for further in-depth advice.
– Yes, using the right adhesive and technical application method, one may tile over existing tiles.
– Proper substrate preparation should be done, roughening the existing tiles helps a lot. Use strong bonding tile adhesives like webercol flex.
- Please refer to our dedicated technical teams for further in-depth advice.
– The ideal cementitious tile grout for swimming pool application is weberjoint perfect.
– weberepox easy is a water cleanable epoxy based grout that can withstand chemical aggression and makes excellent option of swimming pools.
– To avoid staining around the grout joints lines of the marble/stones, use a fast setting tile grout so that the grout is set before laying for long period of time on the marble/stones edges which eventually may be absorbed into the pours of the tiles and cause staining problems. Use weberjoint perfect for grouting under similarly risky conditions.
– Ideally in outdoor conditions, to strengthen your tile grout joint, go for joints above 3mm.
– For thin tile grout joints ranging from 1.5mm to 4mm use weberjoint.
– weberjoint deco can be used for up-to 7mm.
– For joint thicknesses ranging from 4mm to 10mm use weberjoint thick, or weberepox easy.
– For joint thickness up to 20mm use weberjoint perfect.
– Many factors may cause tile grouts in joints to crack, most common of which are the lack of movement joints, movements in the substrate and the choice of the wrong tile grout for certain applications or faulty product preparation and application practices.
– Grouting after 24 hours will allow the tile adhesive to set initially, minimizing the risk of grout color discoloration and shading due to the efflorescence effect that is caused by the tile adhesive’s moisture escaping and evaporating through the joints and into the grout.
– Epoxy grouts have distinctive characteristics not found in cementitious grouts such has exceptional strengths, resistance to chemical aggression and abrasions, very low porosity, durable, long lasting and waterproof.
– Use weberepox easy in areas where hygienic conditions matter like hospitals, schools, kitchens, bathrooms.
– Use weberepox easy in areas where the tile grout will be subjected to severe forces, loads or constant chemical aggression or cleaning may be found, such as public parking areas, warehouses and public bathrooms and kitchens.
– The use of expansion joints is very important in order to preserve the quality of your tile grout and avoid failures.
– Expansion joints are designed to compensate for substrate or tile movements due to expansions, contractions or other movements cause primarily due to temperature variations.
– It is recommended to have expansion joints in areas of 25m2 each.