Reinforced concrete jacketing
Common issues and queries you can face
Step by step solution
- The initial concrete substrate should e repaired
- All cracks should be treated
- All weak, damaged and easily removable concrete should be chipped away
- Clean any corroded steel by abrasion or replace any damaged steel bars
Installation of reinforcement
We recommend the use of weberanc 405 BFX. It is applied as follows:
- Drill hole to correct diameter and depth
- Clean the drilled hole and remove all dust
- Inject the weberanc 405 BFX
- Install the rebar
Formwork is best attached directly to the concrete surface with expansion anchors or standard form ties. Shoring or scaffolding can be used to support the formwork.
The placement of material into the formed cavity depends on the geometries. Vertical surfaces start at the lowest point. We recommend the use of webertec MC1. It is a pumpable, self-compacting micro concrete.
Curing ad protection
Curing is recommended immediately after removal of framework.