Common issues and queries you can face
Step by step solution
Repair of deep cracks
REPAIR USING INJECTION
Linear Dry Cracks in reinforced concrete should be strengthened and consolidated using weberep epo 650 i
It is a low viscosity 2-component epoxy injection resin capable to fill the full depth of the crack.
The following steps should be observed:
• All cracks should be fully dry.
• Injection surface packers should be placed with equal distance between them.
Clean thoroughly the surface of the crack and seal each packer using weberep epo 412 CRY, an epoxy adhesive.
• The same adhesive weberep epo 412 CRY should be used to seal the whole surface of the crack to play the role of capping in order to prevent the weberep epo 650 i from escaping during injection.
• The work process requires the use of an injection device that could be manual, pneumatic or electrical.
The injection starts from the lowest packer and stops when weberep epo 650 i appears from the next packer.
• Close the same packer with its nipple and inject it with weberep epo 650 i. Continue working the same until all the sealed packers are injected.
• Remove capping by scrapping and grinding.
REPAIR USING A REPLACEMENT MORTAR
Cracks up to 5 cm deep (indicative crack width dimension between 0.3 mm and 2.4 mm) can be repaired using thixotropic mortars weberep 331 TX and weber.rep 332 FR
Remove concrete until reaching the bottom of the crack, at least 1 cm from each side of the crack. Fill the gap using weberep 332 FR (up to 2 cm deep) or weberep 331 TX (up to 5 cm deep in 1 layer).