Fast and perfect tile fixing with time constraints
Constraints on job sites frequently involve putting the site back in service quickly, especially in public areas like restaurants, airports, hospitals, etc… and also in commercial (shops, supermarkets) and residential buildings (corridors, living-rooms, etc…). The longer the works, the more it costs and disturbs the inhabitants and customers. Some fast solutions exist to reduce the time taken to fix and grout the tiles.
Common issues and queries you can face
• Check cohesion of the substrate and eliminate all parts that are not well bonded.
• With a high-pressure jet, eliminate dust and loose parts.
• Eliminate all traces of oil and cleaning products as well, rinse and let it dry.
• In case the substrate needs to be patched, apply a suitable repair mortar such as a thixotropic repair mortar weberep 331 TX
(until 50mm thickness in one coat).
Method of application
•Use a fast-setting tile adhesive that will set rapidly and perform the grouting job only 3 hours after tiling! (the usual waiting time between tiling and grouting is minimum 24 hours).
• For tiles over 900 cm² surface (30x30cm), apply tile adhesive on both the substrate and the back of the tiles.
Press well the tiles to ensure full adhesion of the tiles with the substrate.
• Wait 3 hours after the tiles were laid on the substrate.
• We recommend weberepox easy or weberjoint perfect, a high-performance grout with Hydro Repell® and Mould Stop® technologies, at a width between 1.5 and 20mm.
The faster problems are noticed, the easier it will be to replace or fix a misplaced tile, since after 24 hours tiles cannot be easily removed as the adhesive would have started to harden. .