weber jointseal PUProduct formerly named: formerly Jointseal.PU
weber jointseal PU is reliable low modulus polyurethane based elastomeric sealant, allowing a high degree of elongation. It cures under the effect of atmospheric humidity to form a flexible and resistant joint with very good adhesion on most materials.
After stretching, it recovers its performances and its resistance to climatic ageing, rain, snow, salt haze, ozone, ultra violet rays and atmospheric corrosion. It can be later painted after full curing: a preliminary test is recommended.
The weber jointseal PU sealant conforms to the requirements of ASTM C 920, “Standard Specification for Elastomeric Joint Sealants”, Type S, Grade NS, Class 25, Use NT and M.
weber jointseal PU doesn't stain the marble or granite stone (tests according to Standard ASTM C 1248-93).
- For interior and exterior applications
- Flexible and resistant joint
- U.V rays and climatic ageing resistant
- Very good adhesion on most construction materials
- Bonding roof tiles
- Resistance to tear
- Can be easily over painted
- All surfaces should be clean, dry, free from grease, oil or dust and any contaminants that could harm bonding.
- Remove old sealant residue completely before applying new sealant .We recommend cleaning concrete with a metal brush.
- If necessary, rub down metal surfaces beforehand. After rubbing down, the surface should be re-cleaned.Allow the substrate to dry after degreasing.
- For a cleaner job, protect the edges of the joint with self-adhesive masking tape.
- If required place a backer rod inside the gap to be filled for correcting the depth.
- This product should be used within 24 hours of opening the sausage; otherwise, the sealant could harden inside.
- Avoid any contact with non-cured MS, hybrid PU or silicone sealants as well as with alcohols or ammonia during curing.